Quick & Dirty Taurus Full Moon Ritual
There is no chill way to put this. We are tired af. We have been super busy this month. Things got a little out of hand for a minute and we were like, “where are we supposed to be right now?” literally multiple times a day. We’ve made it out on the other side (mostly) and we get the sense most of us are feeling this way after the past year.
So, about tonight, though. The moon is full. The sky is eerily clear and calm. There is a slight chill in the air, and we love it. We wanted to prepare a little baby version of our ritual for this month’s Full Moon in Taurus. This month’s Full Moon peaks at 1:24 am 11/4/17, and since this phase of the lunar cycle is about manifestation, we know you’ve been busy making magic, too. Your well laid plans are starting to cook and take root. We aren’t late. We’re all just ~busy~ and it’s kinda lit right now. You’ve got this, bb.
Here’s what you need to know: we are all shifting our focus from “harvest” and growth to the slow start to the wind down of the year. Think of all that you have done and what you have accomplished. This kind of reflection, and therefore, this time of year can be heavy for a lot of people and this month’s Full Moon in Taurus can be really deep because has a lot to do with self worth. Some even call the November moon the Mourning Moon.
On the other hand, this Full Moon is positively aspecting Jupiter and Neptune so this is the time where good luck strikes fast. Yes, please. Good luck? I’ll take two of them.
Full Moon rituals can come in many forms to cut off whatever’s holding you back at the roots. With this month’s Moon in Taurus, we are all exposing our deeper selves; everything that is glittery and new shows up right next to all the dingy and dusty ugly things tied to memories you’ve otherwise tried to forget. It’s important to remember how cute your chipped, old knick-knacks look next to that beautiful quartz point you finally invested in. Are you catching this weird metaphor? If they aren’t cute and you don’t want to show them off, throw them tf out. Get it?
Okay, let it go. What I’m trying to say is.... this Full Moon is the best time process old wounds and grief tied to who you are. Put it out in the open and let that shit go.
Light some candles, dust off that little cracked porcelain deer, aka the memory of that time someone made you doubt yourself and let’s get right into this. Sage that motherfucker right the hell up and let’s go.
This ritual can be done within -/+ 4 days of the Full Moon. For this month, that means you have from 1:24 am on November 1 to 1:24 am on November 8.
- Write a list of the top 5-10 things you want to release with a real deal pen and paper. Literally write it down by hand. Some of ours, written specifically for this Taurus Full Moon, are included below.
- Seal it with a declaration. Write this at the end of your list: "I demand that all energy, thought forms, patterns, programs, frequencies, vibrations, and patterns that are enabling the energy I'm trying to release and anchoring it in my field leave my energy through all space and time, on every layer of my existence and all energy that my physical and energetic being is comprised of. You have no place here. I declare all of this to be so, in perfect alignment with my greatest and highest good." Write it like you mean it.
- Here comes the cool part: light that sucker on fire. As your list is burning, visualize that what you are letting go of this Full Moon is actually being released into the atmosphere. It has poured from your hand to the paper and now it's evaporating into thin air. Really see it being released and concentrate on letting it go.
Really, all you need to be able to do this ritual is a pen and paper, so this part isn’t completely necessary. It just adds some cleansing to your ritual, which is v important, but if you are really in a hurry, or don’t have any sage yet, don’t worry. You should get some, but for now, especially since this is the quick and dirty version.... You can still do the ritual!
- After burning my list, I always burn sage. Imagine that the pieces and parts of yourself that have been held back by what you’ve just release are little sparkles of light returning to you. Use sage with the intention of clearing the air, cleansing yourself of the negativity that has been left behind during this release. I always incorporate my crystals into this, making sure they get saged, too.
- After your sage cleanse, burn sweetgrass to fill the voids left behind by the negative energy you've just released. The sparkles start to land on you. Ask your higher self to fill these spaces with love and positive, healing light from your highest vibration. Project this onto your crystals, as well, if you use them.
- Charge your crystals. After saging and sweet grass-ing, leave all your little rock babies to bathe in the moonlight, or put them on a windowsill that gets moonlight if you can't leave them outside.
- Now you're done. Thank yourself, your highest self, your crystals and other divinatory tools, and especially the moon for the time and energy to release what was no longer serving you. Acknowledge that it's no longer weighing on you, and that now you have the space to manifest what your greatest good wants.
Taurus Full Moon
You can always release anything you want, but here are a few examples of things we will be releasing on this month's Full Moon in Taurus.
- I release any anger I feel toward my physical body.
- I release feelings of inadequacy.
- I release any and all insecurities about my physical body.
- I release any and all shame I feel about my physical body.
- Shame about my body projected onto me by others has no place here. I release any and all shame I feel.
- I release any fear or worry I feel regarding sexuality.
- I release the urge stifle my own voice.
- I release anything that's causing me to feel the need to censor myself.
- I release feelings of weakness.
- I release self-doubt.
- I release anything that is holding me back from asking for help when I need it.
- I release anything that prevents me from speaking my mind.
- I release anything that causes me to stifle my deepest desires.
- I release any and all anxiety that I have about asking for what I want from others.
- I release anxiety about exposing my true self.
- I release anything that is preventing me from having the strength to be my truest self.
- I release all cycles, energy, patterns, systems that keep me from putting myself first.
- I release all cycles, energy, patterns, and systems that keep me from accepting myself as I am right now.
- I release anything that is causing me to feel unworthy.
- I release any thought patterns and memories that cause me to question my value.