January New Moon in Capricorn Ritual: What You Appreciate Appreciates
Last night when I was pulling cards for myself, I kept pulling The Hermit and all I could think was, "There's a fork in the road," over and over. And I had no idea why... I haven't really ever thought of The Hermit that way before. To me, it's more of a chill vibe, take a break card. But I had this nagging voice in my head that this time it's a little different: this break involves a decision.
This New Moon in Capricorn is mirroring a fresh start in careers and life purpose on a large scale. It's time to really @ yourself rn. Examine what’s really working for you, and what isn’t. Go within like The Hermit for guidance to start charting your path forward. New Moon in Capricorn helps cut through the muck to prioritize goals and plans. Take this opportunity and run with it ✨🔮
There might be a bit of deliberation going on, but for real, it's going to help you out in the long run. Questioning what isn't working for you is setting you up to manifest what is. I like to think of the New Moon as an invitation to think about what you'd like to manifest.
The January New Moon peaks at 9:18 pm 1/16/18 at 26 degrees Capricorn.
But let's talk about Capricorn for just a sec. Cap is all about ambition, responsibility, grounding, and security.... meaning New Moon in Capricorn is a real good time to get your projects off the ground. Spend sometime with your thoughts around abundance. What is material success to you? How will you TCB?
Essentially, the energy of the Capricorn New Moon can be super helpful for setting intentions that secure dream-life type of goals and ambitions.
During this time, remember like attracts like. As Oprah once said, “Avoid negative bullshit.” Oh wait. She said, “What you appreciate appreciates.” Just let that shit sink in.
This ritual can be done within -/+ 4 days of the New Moon. For this month, that means you have from 9:18 pm on January 12 to 9:18 pm on January 20.
- Step one: find a new journal. Get a special one you have never used. Alright stick with me here... you’re gonna consecrate a journal. I’ll walk you through it if you’ve never done this before. We love a good virge. Do not use this journal for anything else ever! This is some serious shit right here. It’s for New Moon intentions only, and can’t have ever been used for another purpose. Every page in this journal will be programmed to manifest your intentions. If you do not have an unused journal lying around, first of all, who are you?! jk kinda. You can gather a stack of paper and staple or clip it together. It can’t just be loose or just one piece of paper. That signals to the universe that you don’t really want this bad enough to commit more than one page to it.
- Place your dominant hand over your journal, and imagine pure white light pouring from your hand into the journal. Say, “I dedicate this journal to manifesting my New Moon intentions.” Feel the energy and intention flowing from you into the journal. Alright now you have a consecrated journal! I’ve been using mine for almost 2 years and it’s so cool to look back on my first intentions and see how they have legit come true.
- Write out your intentions. This is super important: use PRESENT TENSE. For example, “I am rich.” Things like that. Write as if you already have what you want. Remember when Oprah said, “What you appreciate appreciates?” Well, what you focus on comes back to you. As you may have noticed, that one struck a chord with me. If you write things like, “I wish I were rich,” you will STAY wishing you were rich. Some of our intentions, written specifically for this Capricorn New Moon, are included below for examples. Don’t ever say “I want,” or “I will.” Everything you want, you already have. Stick with “I am,” “I have,” “I manifest,” etc.
- Seal it with a clause. Write this at the end of your list: "I thank the universe for my intentions fully manifesting in alignment with my highest good and for the highest good of others involved. So it is." Write it like you mean it.
Other New Moon Activities & Rituals
- Take a real luxurious bath with Himalayan salt and essential oils.
- Before setting intentions, I set the mood. I light a shit ton of candles and I always burn sage to clear negative energy that’s holding me back from manifesting. I think it’s super important to imagine that any lingering energy that is no longer serving me dissipates while I sage prior to setting intentions. Clear the air and cleanse yourself of this energy. I always incorporate my tarot cards and crystals into this, making sure they get saged, too.
- After your sage cleanse, burn palo santo or sweetgrass to fill the voids left behind by the negative energy you've just released. Ask your higher self to fill these spaces with love and positive, healing light from your highest vibration. Project this onto your crystals, as well, if you use them.
- Charge your crystals. After saging and palo santo or sweet grass-ing them, leave all your little rock babies to bathe in the moonlight, or put them on a windowsill that gets moonlight if you can't leave them outside. You can do this with your cards too but I never leave mine outside.
- Now you're done. Thank yourself, your highest self, tarot cards, your crystals and other divinatory tools, and especially the moon for the time and energy to manifest what your greatest good wants.
Taurus Full Moon
You can always write any intentions you want, but here are a few examples for this month's New Moon in Capricorn.
- I cultivate an attitude of joyous expectancy.
- I am so comfortable and have everything I need to feel secure in my home.
- I love my job.
- I have an extremely fulfilling career.
- My business is thriving.
- I am embarking on an incredibly successful new creative journey with my artwork.
- Money is everywhere. It’s almost too easy to make.
- I am transitioning into _____ (insert career change here) effortlessly.
- I have all the resources, time, and ability that I need to be completely successful and prosperous.
- I reach my full potential doing (whatever you want to do career-wise).
- My work and/or business manifests more money than I can spend.
- I am completely safe and secure in all aspects of my life.
- I have stable, loving, and healthy relationships with my family.
- My business is thriving and clients who are in alignment with my highest good come to me from all over the place.
P.S. don’t forget your clause at the end! Enjoy thinking about what you would really like to manifest. Be lavish and luxurious; don’t worry about being realistic. Once you write it down, you don’t have to think of it anymore or read it. The universe will take care of it. Just remember that what you appreciate appreciates. Try not to worry, lil bb angel. We love you.
kelli & hayley